Infoxchange is a not-for-profit social enterprise that has been delivering technology for social justice for 30 years. With 150 staff across Australia and New Zealand, we tackle the biggest social challenges through the smart and creative use of technology.
We work with community, government and corporate partners to solve issues around homelessness, family violence, mental health and disability, as well as supporting Indigenous communities, women, youth and families.
Our products and services are used by over 30,000 organisations across the government and community sectors. We provide the right tools to improve efficiency and deliver greater impact – from nation-wide service coordination systems to IT advice for individual organisations.
And through our work in digital inclusion and social innovation we use technology to empower over 2 million people experiencing disadvantage, driving social inclusion and creating stronger communities. We believe no-one should be left behind in today's digital world.
In November 2018, Infoxchange joined forces with Connecting Up. Together, we are Australia and New Zealand's leading not-for-profit dedicated to using technology to improve the lives of people experiencing disadvantage and the organisations that support them.
The Project Officer will play a vital role in supporting the activities of the Community Sector Product & Services team and its projects at Infoxchange. They will support a number of high impact projects such as QLD Department of Housing, Qld Ambulance and Qld Police, as well as the broader work of the team. With great attention to detail, and an interest in communications, data and digital project delivery, the Project Officer will support reporting to Customers and the IX management team, as well as overall project monitoring and follow up of tasks and deliverables.
- Provide administration support to key projects
- Collect and review data to inform project monitoring and reporting requirements such as: creating and maintaining project plans & maintaining project documentation, budget tracking & project status (traffic light) reporting.
- Manage project tasks and project dependencies proactively
- Liaise with other Infoxchange teams relevant to the project, including the development team and Corporate Services team
- Review and where possible streamline our project administration processes.
You will have:
- Outstanding organisational and administration skills including the ability to work on concurrent projects to tight time deadlines
- Exemplary written and verbal communication skills
- Experience in project methodologies and tools, eg PMBOK and MS Project
- Strong attention to detail
- Proven interpersonal skills; ability to collaborate effectively and develop good working relationships with both internal and external stakeholders
We’re passionate about work-life balance so we have flexible work arrangements, additional leave provisions and a fabulous health and wellbeing program (think on-site massages, fresh fruit, yearly flu shots and yummy snacks). We also have salary packaging options that could assist in increasing your take-home pay and plenty of learning and development opportunities. Plus, at the end of the day, you can feel good knowing you’re working for an organisation that contributes to a fairer society. Can’t beat that.
If this sounds like the role you have been looking for, don't hesitate - apply today via the 'Apply' button by the closing date. Please ensure you address the key selection criteria in your submission (in the attached position description)