- Finalist for Employer of choice 2017
- Salary packaging and an excellent health and wellbeing program
- Full time, permanent position
Infoxchange is a not-for-profit social enterprise that has delivered technology for social justice for nearly 30 years. With over 130 staff across Australia and New Zealand we tackle the biggest social challenges through the smart and creative use of technology.
We work with community, government and corporate partners to solve family violence, homelessness, mental health and issues facing people with disabilities, the elderly, Aboriginal, Torres Strait Islander, Maori and Pasifika communities.
Our products and services are used by 8,800 organisations across the community sector. We provide the right tools to improve efficiency and deliver greater impact – from nation-wide case management and service coordination systems to IT services and advice for individual organisations. Our community programs focus on digital inclusion – using technology to improve the lives of people experiencing disadvantage, driving social inclusion and creating stronger communities. We believe no-one should be left behind in today’s digital world.
In November 2018, Infoxchange joined forces with Connecting Up to create Australia and New Zealand’s leading not-for-profit dedicated to using technology to improve the lives of people experiencing disadvantage and the organisations that support them.
As a member of the Software Development Team, the “Web Application Developer” contributes to this vision by assisting in the provision of creative, innovative front-end and back-end development solutions to our welfare, community and government based clientele, as well as to Infoxchange internally.
The role of Web Application Developer requires involvement in all stages of the software development process, including consultation with stakeholders, the development of specifications, coding, testing and post-implementation support and maintenance. It involves the development of new products using emerging technologies as well ongoing enhancements to legacy software.
- Develop software of a high quality and ensure that projects and tasks are completed within agreed time frames.
- Actively coordinate application development projects and tasks with other team members and stakeholders.
- Create and maintain project code in accordance with Infoxchange standards.
- Working on both legacy and greenfield applications
- Apply and enhance automated testing methods.
- Develop necessary project and application documentation.
- Contribute ideas and concepts for applications and application development.
- To report regularly to the Software Development Team Leader and take direction from senior team members.
- Keep up to date with current industry and technology trends.
To succeed in this role at Infoxchange, you will:
- Have a passion for web development and open source technologies
- Have hands-on web development with at least 5+ years of experience in a professional environment
- Have tertiary or equivalent qualification in Computer Science, Information Technology or a related field
- Have an advanced knowledge of PHP and OOP Application Development and Design
- Have the ability to work in a team environment and effectively engage with internal working relationships, customers and partners
- Have superior analytical, evaluative, and problem solving abilities.
- We’re passionate about work-life balance so we have flexible work arrangements, additional leave provisions and a fabulous health and wellbeing program (think on-site massages, fresh fruit, yearly flu shots and yummy snacks)
- We also have salary packaging options that could assist in increasing your take-home pay and plenty of learning and development opportunities
- Plus, at the end of the day, you can feel good knowing you’re working for an organisation that contributes to a fairer society. Can’t beat that.
If this sounds like the role you have been looking for, don't hesitate - apply today via the 'Apply' button before the closing date. Please ensure you address the key selection criteria (in the attached position description).