Part-time Pathways Worker
Your future workplace
Every day of the year, Sacred Heart Mission assist hundreds of people who are experiencing homelessness or living in poverty to find shelter, food, care and support. We are in this for the long haul - we are committed to making a sustainable difference in people’s lives. Everyone is welcome at our table.
Your new role
Working part-time, Sunday, Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday’s, you will assertively engage with clients in our engagement hub where we have over three hundred people come through each day, this will include providing information, support and referrals.
You will also provide short term Case Management for one to two people for up to 6 weeks. This will be done in accordance with the organisation’s values, practice principles, legislative and funding requirements, as well as building relationships with community agencies, local services and other Mission services.
We're looking for
- Dynamic and motivated team players
- Capacity to work collaboratively with others
- High level interpersonal skills
- Resilience, flexibility and adaptability
- Appropriate qualifications relevant to the delivery of community services
- Experience in one or more of the following areas: homelessness, mental health, dual diagnosis, alcohol and other drugs
- Sound communication and relationship building skills
- Experience with challenging behaviours and crisis situations
- Well-developed organisational, administrative and case-noting skills
Look forward to
- Salary package expenses like your rent, holiday accommodation and dining out: up to $15,990 pre-tax
- Flexibility of part-time work
- Working within a multidisciplinary team of case managers, mental health case manager, drug and alcohol worker and wellbeing worker
- Access to in-house training
- Opportunity to purchase additional leave
- Scholarship opportunities
- Weekend penalties and the option to work extra shifts as required.
- End your day knowing you’ve contributed to something bigger
Come and work with us
Click the ‘apply now’ button and attach your resume and cover letter. To stand out from the crowd, address the key selection criteria outlined in the position description and tell us how you align with our values.
Closing date: Monday 27/5/2019
Contact: Sarah Honan-Barnes, 0449 902 177 or [email protected]
Sacred Heart Mission value and respect diversity and welcome applications from people from all walks of life. All appointments are subject to Police Checks and certain roles require additional pre-screening as outlined in the position description.
We collect personal information for recruitment purposes. To read Sacred Heart Mission’s privacy statement, click here.
Job position description
Name: Sarah Honan-Barnes
Phone: 0449 902 177