High Care Support Worker
Avivo is passionate about supporting people to live as valued citizens. We work in partnership with people to develop innovative and flexible supports that assist them to lead their lives as they choose.
We are looking for a confident, flexible and enthusiastic Support Worker (preferable female as requested by our customer) to join our specialist high care team supporting a gentleman (who is dependant on medical technology to maintain respiratory function) living in the Ellenbrook area.
- Providing ventilator management and hoisting
- Providing a range of support services including personal care, manual handling and social support
- Providing complex support services including tracheostomy care and peg feeding
- Providing reliable, timely and flexible services that best meet the needs of the individual and their family
- Problem solving issues with the person and/or their family, and the team
What we require:
- Previous support work experience in Disability is desirable
- Demonstrated reliability, flexibility and a positive attitude
- Excellent communication skills including verbal, written and listening
- Availability to work a range of shifts including Monday to Sunday 7am-12pm, 5pm-9pm, 12am-7am and 10am-5pm
- A current First Aid certificate or willingness to obtain one
- A valid driver’s licence and a reliable vehicle are essential
In return, you will receive a minimum rate of $21.90 per hour whilst training and then, once deemed competent by our Nurse Consultants, the hourly rate will increase. In addition, you will receive 9.5% superannuation, the option of salary packaging to increase your non-taxable income and comprehensive training opportunities!
To apply, you must attach an updated resume and a cover letter as ONE document.
Shortlisted applicants may be invited to attend a half day Recruitment Workshop.
Making an appointment to this position is subject to a satisfactory National Police Clearance.
We value a diverse workforce with different life experiences, skills and backgrounds including people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and people from all cultural and linguistic backgrounds.
Closing date: Thursday 25th April 2019 - 4pm