Tourism, Arts and Heritage Development Manager
Are you looking for a strategic and people focused role that brings visitors to the Burra region?
Ready to shape the future of our heritage listed region?
- Exciting role reporting directly to our Chief Executive
- Use your community engagement skills across our region to showcase what we have to offer!
- Level 5 - Base $82,822 + 12% Superannuation
The Regional Council of Goyder is situated in the Mid North of South Australia - an area, steeped in history and adjacent to the wine regions of the Clare and Barossa Valleys. The region extends from just above Terowie in the north to below Eudunda in the south. The Goyder region provides a wide diversity of attractions which, together with the friendliness and old fashioned service for which country towns are renowned, offers an excellent lifestyle.
Put our already well-known region further onto the map in this pivotal role!
Here is your opportunity to work in one of the most beautiful parts of Australia as part of a friendly and professional team and a rapidly growing council. The Council's principal office is at Burra and a branch office is also located at Eudunda.
As Tourism, Arts & Heritage Development Manager your responsibilities are as vast and diverse as you:
- Oversee and manage the staff, looking after our Visitor Information Centre
- Provide strategic advice pertaining to this portfolio to the CEO and Council as required
- Drive the delivery of our Tourism Strategic Plan, Heritage Tourism Experience Development Plan and Arts Development Strategy
- Engage with stakeholders and key community figures to promote and breed excitement for local tourism, arts, culture and heritage based activities in the region
- Work with internal Council teams on marketing and promotional activities to make our Region as attractive as possible
Our staff are known for their friendly, engaging and confident natures. Therefore, we're after a visionary person who can foster partnerships and build links between different groups of people with the goal being an increase in visitors and tourism to the region. You will have the ability to solve problems through discussion, negotiation, teamwork and creativity. Being a part of our culture and vision is essential to your success.
With your proven track record in a similar Tourism / Heritage and or Arts role, you understand what tourists look for to entice them to visit and are able to develop strategies to make this region a must see. You are a strategic partner, you are able to pull on your networks and build relationships to develop tourism plans that have worked in similar regions, across Australia and the world, and implement them locally! You seek feedback, are open to constructive ideas and are a collaborator.
To be successful in this role you will have experience developing and implementing ambitious strategies, a strong delivery focus, and commercial capability. Excellent influencing, people management and leadership skills are pivotal to this role. Developing strong relationships across the community and the Goyder tourism and arts sectors will be critical.
What's in it for you?
We have exciting things happening, a great team, a senior opportunity and the chance to bring your ideas to life. This sector is growing exponentially and the future is exciting!
To apply for this job go to: https://regionalcouncilofgoyder.recruitmenthub.com.au/Jobs/
Applications close 11 March 2019 at 4pm local time in South Australia.