Intake and Assessment Planning Support Worker
The Salvation Army
The Salvation Army is one of the world's largest Christian social welfare organisations. Currently we have more than 8,500 active officers and staff delivering in excess of 1000 specifically designed social programs across Australia. The Salvation Army helps more than 1 million Australians every year – that's one person every 30 seconds!
The Salvation Army SalvoCare Eastern provides a range of Youth, Out of Home Care, Housing & Homelessness, AOD and Chaplaincy services for statutory and non-statutory clients with complex needs throughout Eastern Metro, Peninsula and Gippsland areas.
The crisis support centre provides a crisis response to young people, single adults and families who are homeless or at risk of homelessness. The crisis centre uses a crisis intervention model along with a strength based approach in order to provide an appropriate housing outcome for clients
The IAP Support Worker will provide initial assessment, crisis response, information, advocacy and referral. The worker will assist and support clients who present to the service often have multiple, underlying issues which contribute to their homelessness or risk of homelessness.
This position would require the successful applicant to work at both the Frankston and Rosebud office.
Hours and Award/Salary Level
We currently have three part time ongoing positions available:
2x 30 hours per week
1x 22 hours per week
Salary and conditions of employment are in accordance with Social, Community, Home Care and Disability Services Industry Award 2010, Social stream, Level 5.
What you can bring
- Relevant Tertiary Qualification in social work, or community development
- Knowledge of the Housing and Homelessness sector
- Expertise in working with clients with multiple vulnerabilities, histories of trauma, and complex needs
- Inspire trust and confidence
- A willingness to undergo a Crimcheck is essential
- A current Employee Working With Children Check is essential
- A current Victorian Drivers Licence is essential
- Be able to provide proof of Eligibility to Work in Australia
What we can offer you?
- Employee Assistance Program for you and your immediate family members
- Generous salary packaging options (full and part time positions only)
- Corporate Private Health Insurance rates
- Supportive and encouraging organisation
How to apply
For a copy of the Position Description please click on the attachment.
Applications will include a cover letter indicating which positions you wish to apply for (or both) with also responses to the job competencies and a current CV. Please submit applications to [email protected], quoting the applicable reference number SM02.
21st February 2019