Preschool Field Officer
Position No: F63009 and F64006
Salary: $91,274 per annum (pro rata)
Permanent, Part-time (Approx. 3 days (negotiable))
Applications Close: Monday 25 February at noon
Contact: Karla Coombes on 8470 8385
We are seeking experienced Early Childhood professionals for the role of Preschool Field Officer in the Children and Community Development team.
You will be responsible for building the capacity of early childhood services in providing a Kindergarten program that is inclusive of all children enrolled.
This role will provide consultancy, specialist expertise, assessment, resourcing and support to kindergarten teachers, early childhood educators and parents to facilitate inclusive practices within the kindergarten program.
The successful applicant will possess:
• Degree qualification in early childhood education (ACEQUA). Further experience and qualifications in special education, early intervention, or disability preferred.
• A sound understanding of inclusive practice and program strategies and adaptations to support children’s learning within kindergarten programs.
• Highly developed assessment and referral skills and knowledge of specialist services, resources and support agencies available for children with additional needs and their families.
• Ability to facilitate change and experience with capacity building strategies including collaboration, consultation and coaching.
• Ability to work collaboratively as part of a team developing effective relationships with internal and external professionals.
Apply online at www.darebin.vic.gov.au or forward hard copy applications to: Manager People and Development, Darebin City Council, PO Box 91, PRESTON VIC 3072.
Applications that do not address the Key Selection Criteria as detailed in the position description will not be considered. Darebin City Council is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organisation, or other non-merit factors. We are committed to providing a safe working environment that embraces and values child safety, and thorough ‘Safety Screening’ processes apply.