Elder Abuse Prevention - Project Coordinator
Your new organisation
At Merri Health, we strive to enrich diverse communities through the provision of quality health care and support services. A career at Merri will see you contributing to a culture that affects change for our clients and the wider community. We are committed to supporting the talent and skills of our employees because we know their capability is the key to our success.
Your new role
- Work with partner organisations to develop/review and implement elder abuse policies, protocols and referral pathways to assist members of the community who may disclose elder abuse
- Work with partner organisations and community groups, in particular the LGBTI and CALD communities to conduct workshops and community events to address elder abuse prevention
- Work with partner organisations and community groups to raise awareness of elder abuse through a range of media platforms
- Coordinate and deliver events around World Elder Abuse Awareness Day and Victoria against Violence (White Ribbon Day)
- Participate in relevant network meetings
Based at our Merri Central site located in Coburg, this is a part time (0.7 EFT) position offered on a fixed term basis until 30 June 2020. To be considered for this position, applicants must have the right to work in Australia.
What you’ll need to succeed
To be successful with Merri you will go above and beyond to achieve great results for our clients, the organisation and yourself. We’re looking for individuals with:
- Bachelor Degree in Social Work or Community Development
- Highly developed communication (verbal and written) and negotiation skills
- Demonstrated skills and experience in social policy and project management, ideally in a community development context.
- Demonstrated experience in promotion and marketing of services to increase market reach
- Well-developed planning, time management and working with multiple stakeholders
- Capacity to maintain effective working relationships with key stakeholders build and participate in partnerships and participate actively in networks.
What we offer
This is an exciting opportunity to coordinate the Elder Abuse Prevention Networks for the Northern and Western region. You will be working with internal and external key stakeholders to plan and deliver activities that work towards the long term objective of prevention of elder abuse across the community.
We offer a diverse, inclusive and flexible environment which encourages you to bring your whole self to work. As the successful applicant you’ll be joining an organisation where you will be supported to grow, learn and develop your skills to reach your potential.
What you need to do now
Start by reviewing the attached position description. If this peaks your interest, take a few minutes to learn more about us on our website. If you have any questions, please contact Christina Micallef, Coordinator Home Care & Healthy Ageing on (03) 8319 7465 or [email protected].
When you’re ready to apply, please email your CV, covering letter and responses to Key Selection Criteria to [email protected]. Applications close 22nd February 2019.
Please note that due to the volume of applications received, only shortlisted candidates may be contacted.
What else do I need to know
Successful applicants will be required to have a current National Police Check and, if relevant to the position, a Working with Children Check, Disability Worker Exclusion Scheme Check and full Drivers Licence.
Merri Health is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to ensuring a safe environment for children and young people. We encourage individuals of diverse backgrounds including but not limited to those from the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander, Culturally and Linguistically Diverse, the GLBTIQ community and those living with a disability to apply.