Innovative Health Services for Homeless Youth (IHSHY)
Are you the kind of person who would like to improve the lives of young Aboriginal people of Victoria? Then this is the position for YOU!
About The Role:
Ngwala Willumbong Limited is a accredited Aboriginal community based organisation that has been providing residential and outreach programs to the Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander community in Victoria since 1975. This position seeks to reduce the number of young vulnerable Aboriginal people in the Southern Metropolitan Region who are in contact with the health, homelessness and/or justice systems. The target group consists of young Aboriginal people from the Southern Metropolitan Region of Melbourne.
The success application will provide outreach case management support to young Aboriginal people who require support to manage their health and/or homelessness risks within the Aboriginal community of Victoria. The worker will have the opportunity to work in collaboration with regional based Koori Youth Justice Workers, Koori AOD Workers and Koori Housing Workers and other regional stakeholders and service providers. Further information can be found in the attached position description.
KEY SELECTION CRITERIA
You will have:
- Minimum Certificate IV in AOD or relevant equivalent qualifications (desirable)
- Experience in working with Aboriginal people;
- Computer literacy skills including MS Word, MS Excel, email and Internet
- Desirable: First Aid (Level 2) certificate;
- Current Victorian Driver’s License;
- National Police Certificate (no more than 3 years old)
- Current Victorian Working With Children Check;
Culture & Benefits:
Ngwala Willumbong Ltd is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer who supports an inclusive approach in the workplace such as the following:
- Accommodation and other allowances during work related trips
- Company vehicle (subject to funding)
- Mobile phone
- Ongoing training & development opportunities
- Fast paced. supportive and friendly work team
- Monthly Clinical Supervision
Applications for this position must include the following:
- A written covering letter that outlines why the applicant believes that they would be suitable for this position
- Detailed Curriculum Vitae that outlines educational and employment background, which must also include at least 3 referees.
- Certified copies of any relevant certificates or qualifications. It is recommended that originals be brought to your interview for the Interview Committee to sight.
- Completion of Ngwala’s Job Application Form.
Further Information for Applicants
The preferred candidate will undergo a credential and referee check by a nominated person from the Selection Committee and details recorded and filed with the Ngwala Administration Officer. Where the position requires professional registration with regulatory bodies to be able to practice in the State of Victoria, the original registration documentation must be sighted and the date of registration will be noted on personnel files.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are strongly encouraged to apply.
For further information regarding the above positions, including the position description or to send your resume and cover letter, please email [email protected]/fax: (03) 9510 6288 or contact HR on (03) 9510 3233.
Name: Fernanda Dal Pozzo