This Part time Permanent position is responsible for designing, implementing, reviewing and engaging person-centred activity programs for older adults.
- Design and implement a dynamic, engaging, adaptable and person-centred activity program which is focussed on re-ablement and supports wellness.
- Regularly monitor, review and update the activity program.
- At times facilitate activities and provide direct support to staff and clients during respite.
- Complete risk assessments for all new outings and activities and review/update at least annually.
- Evaluate all activities (includes bus trips, centre activities, exercise groups, special functions).
- Seek, document and act on feedback from participants, their carers and the team.
- Develop the content and generate the monthly program, quarterly Newsletter and other event/outing flyers.
- Identify and purchase equipment and supplies required for delivery of all activities and outings.
Skills & Experience
- At least 3 years’ experience designing and delivering activities in a community based program.
- As a minimum a certificate IV in Lifestyle and Leisure, Diversional Therapy or similar. A Diploma or above would be highly regarded.
- Relevant exercise qualifications to deliver exercise programs.
- Demonstrated knowledge and application of person centred care and re-ablement in the design of activities and outings.
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office - particularly Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- A Victorian driver’s licence and a comprehensively insured vehicle.
Culture & Benefits
People love working at Access Health & Community because we offer:
- Generous salary packaging opportunities
- Opportunity to purchase additional leave
- Commitment to work-life balance
- Paid parental leave
- Annual Leave Loading
- Monthly Rostered Day Off (RDO)
About Access Health & Community
We are a not for profit community health organisation operating in nine locations across Melbourne. With caring at our centre, our mission is to build healthier lives together with our communities and deliver excellent health services for all. AccessHC delivers medical, health and community services for all ages. We employee over 250 employees across Eastern Melbourne.