Head of Technology
Infoxchange is a not-for-profit social enterprise that has delivered technology for social justice for nearly 30 years. With over 130 staff across Australia and New Zealand we tackle the biggest social challenges through the smart and creative use of technology. We work with community, government and corporate partners to solve family violence, homelessness, mental health and issues facing people with disabilities, the elderly, Aboriginal, Torres Strait Islander, Maori and Pasifika communities.
Our products and services are used by 8,800 organisations across the community sector. We provide the right tools to improve efficiency and deliver greater impact – from nation-wide case management and service coordination systems to IT services and advice for individual organisations. Our community programs focus on digital inclusion – using technology to improve the lives of people experiencing disadvantage, driving social inclusion and creating stronger communities. We believe no-one should be left behind in today’s digital world.
In November 2018, Infoxchange joined forces with Connecting Up to create Australia and New Zealand’s leading not-for-profit dedicated to using technology to improve the lives of people experiencing disadvantage and the organisations that support them.
The Head of Technology is responsible for establishing the technical vision and leading all aspects of Infoxchange’s technology strategy, application development and delivery of solutions for people experiencing disadvantage and the organisations that support them.
This senior level role reports directly to the CEO and is a key contributor to providing strategic direction for Infoxchange with lead accountability for the development of technology strategy and the delivery of high quality technical solutions to support Infoxchange’s social objectives. The role can be based in Melbourne or Brisbane.
• lead the development of technology strategy, architecture and roadmaps engaging with senior management, staff, partners, customers and other stakeholders as appropriate
• manage the Development, Operations and Analyst/Test teams to deliver technology solutions in line with agreed strategy, roadmaps and project requirements.
• foster a culture of innovation and learning to support the ongoing development and enhancement of solutions
• coach, mentor and provide support for technology teams including the identification of opportunities for professional development and technology skill development.
• lead the scoping and estimation for technology components of major opportunities and participate in presentations and negotiations with customers, partners and other external stakeholders as required.
• interpret technology and market trends as a foundation for technology strategy, architecture and roadmaps.
• represent Infoxchange at technology related forums and deliver presentations on the work of Infoxchange.
• establish, manage and control the Technical Services budget.
• contribute to Infoxchange strategy as a member of the senior leadership team.
• support the integration of Connecting Up particularly from a technology perspective.
• manage key risks relating to areas of responsibility.
We are looking for the following skills and experience. You will:
• have a passionate commitment to the development of the not-for-profit sector including an understanding of technology as a driver in sector capacity development and alignment to the vision, mission and values of Infoxchange.
• have demonstrated experience developing and executing technology strategy, architecture and roadmaps in a collaborative work environment.
• have strong people management skills and proven experience leading technical teams in a DevOps environment including application design, development of web-based applications, testing and systems (infrastructure) engineering.
• have experience developing and nurturing a culture of innovation including experimenting, failing, learning, and applying knowledge for the betterment of Infoxchange’s products.
• have a demonstrated ability to interpret technology and market trends as a foundation for technology strategy and product roadmaps.
• have knowledge and experience in a product-oriented approach to development and delivery frameworks used by Infoxchange including Agile, Scrum and Kanban.
• have excellent verbal and written communication and influencing skills.
• have tertiary qualifications in an appropriate field (highly desirable).
• We’re passionate about work-life balance so we have flexible work arrangements, additional leave provisions and a fabulous health and wellbeing program (think on-site massages, fresh fruit, yearly flu shots and yummy snacks)
• We also have salary packaging options that could assist in increasing your take-home pay and plenty of learning and development opportunities
• Plus, at the end of the day, you can feel good knowing you’re working for an organisation that contributes to a fairer society. Can’t beat that.
If this sounds like the role you have been looking for, don't hesitate - apply today via the 'Apply' button. Please ensure you address the key selection criteria (in the attached position description) in your submission by the closing date of 23rd January.
Job position description