0.8 EFT Permanent Position
Job Reference No: VAC0533
- Positive team culture
- 2 types of Salary Packaging Available
- Work/Life Balance Opportunity
Star Health’s Counselling Service provides a range of interventions, including individual counselling, family counselling and group work. Services are targeted to those people in the community who are most marginalised and vulnerable.
The Family Counsellor is responsible for the delivery of timely, accessible and quality counselling services to families and individuals. Central to this role is a thorough understanding of therapeutic approaches to counselling and commitment to best practice. This position will be based at our Prahran and St Kilda sites.
To be suitable for the role you will possess the following:
- Assessment of individuals and families seeking psychological services.
- Provision of centre-based counselling interventions to individuals and families.
- Participation in the development and implementation of therapeutic group programs.
- Provision of secondary consultation to health professionals internal and external to the organisation.
Who We Are
Star Health works in partnership with people and communities to promote and improve equity, health and wellbeing by delivering innovative client-directed services that take into account the context of the individual and the community, and championing prevention and change to address the structural reasons for health inequity.
Applicants must address the key selection criteria within the covering letter and complete our application form directly via our website http://www.starhealth.org.au/careers/current-vacancies/
For further information about any of the roles, please contact Robyn Habner on 03 9525 1300 or email: [email protected]
Closing Date: Thursday 24th January 2019 @ 5pm
Job position description
Name: Virginia Alexander