People and Culture Advisor
For more than Fifty years, New Horizons have been supporting people with disability and mental health concerns; and those who are aged, people at risk of homelessness, humanitarian entrants, youth, and Indigenous Australians
- Based North Ryde
About the Role
We currently have an enviable opportunity for an HR Advisor to join our team.
This is an initial 6month contract (with a view to extending) that provides an opportunity to work in a supportive HR team in an organisation where people remember your name, and you can directly influence outcomes for your stakeholders.
The HR team works collaboratively and everyone ‘pitches in’ to get the job done. Reporting to the Senior P&C Business Partner, you’ll be a HR generalist supporting our P&C team and the business by providing advice, guidance and support in a range of HR areas including workplace relations, workplace performance, code of conduct and work health and safety.
- True generalist role supporting a service driven business
- Passionate, Collaborative and results focused environment
The day to day:
- Primary contact point for P&C enquiries. Taking an empowering approach, provide professional advice and support on people related matters, escalating issues appropriately.
- Work closely and in collaboration with P&C Business Partners and the wider P&C team, assisting them with their daily activities as required.
- Interpret EA and other industrial instruments to enable thorough and appropriate advice.
- Ensure advice and recommend action that is aligned to best practice and ensures compliance with regulatory, legislative and organisational requirements.
- Assist the Head of P&C and Senior Business Partner to identify, establish, improve and maintain P&C processes.
To be successful in this role you will have a passion for people, incorporating your strong relationship building, coaching and influencing skills. This will allow you to enable people managers and provide expertise on how to best engage employees and motivate them to perform their best.
- Experience within a related human resource position
- Qualification in Human Resources or a related discipline, (preferable)
- Proven ability to maintain confidentiality
- Maturity and ability to handle sensitive information and handle issues that arise with diplomacy.
- Excellent organisational skills and attention to detail,
- Excellent written and verbal communication,
- Intermediate to advanced computer skills
- Excellent time management and ability to work independently.
In return for your skills and expertise you will be rewarded with an attractive salary package, rostered day off monthly and supportive team and environment.
At New Horizons, we are only as strong as the people we hire. We thrive on working with our people to support and grow them. As a collaborative team, we work to create and lead a supportive and friendly environment for us all to enjoy. Our workforce is flexible, inclusive and diverse.
We would like your application to include a cover letter that explains how your skills, ability and experience meets the requirements of this advert.
Applications close 5pm, Sunday 20th January 2019 or when a suitable candidate is identified, so apply now, don't wait
A willingness to obtain a National Criminal History Check (Police Check) is essential for this role.
New Horizons acknowledges all Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples as the traditional custodians of the land.
New Horizons values diversity and encourages applications from all people. Our vision is to see happy inclusive communities work together in collaborative and inclusive ways to create opportunity and improve quality of life. Our workforce proudly reflects the local communities we connect with and support