Behaviour Support Practitioner
If you love making a difference….
Sylvanvale is a leading provider of disability services offering choice, education, advocacy and support. For more than 70 years, Sylvanvale has supported children and adults with intellectual disability from a range of cultural backgrounds to live and participate in their community, as they choose. From our founding families and executive leaders, to our support workers and therapists, we are a disability support organisation who is very passionate about what it does.
Sylvanvale is excited to offer an excellent opportunity for a highly motivated Behaviour Support Practitioner to join our Therapy Team. This position will work across the South East & South West Sydney metro region. Within this role you will have a fantastic opportunity to work within a multidisciplinary team that embraces therapy and interventions that are goal based and use the latest evidence.
As a member of our Clinical Services team, your responsibilities will include the following:
- Deliver best practice specialist support services to people with a disability, their families and carers that promote participation, independence, quality of life and safety and an ability to live life to the fullest
- Liaising with customers, family members, funding bodies and other services providers to assist our customers to reach their stated individual goals and outcomes
- Deliver services within a person-centred, strengths based approach; identifying the individual's strengths and needs and designing a program of support as per their individual goals in their NDIS plan
We also highly value experience in the following:
- A comprehensive range of therapeutic interventions to support individuals with complex needs in a community setting
- Experience of NDIS implementation, reviews and requirements
- Experience and understanding of time management skills in line with NDIS provision
- Current understanding of the issues, trends and approaches underpinning the provision of services to people with a disability and their families and carers under NDIS
We can offer you:
- The unique opportunity to work in an organisation passionate about diversity and inclusion, as we explore the biggest change within the disability sector with the roll out of the NDIS
- A rewarding role with competitive remuneration package, excellent employee benefits & salary packaging
- Flexible work programs like working from home, flexible start and finish times
- Access to Employee Assistance Program, health & wellness benefits
- Ongoing professional development
- The chance to make a difference – giving back is part of our culture and who we are.
All applicants should provide cover letter outlining their relevant experience addressing the Mandatory, Essential & Desirable Criteria listed above and a copy of their resume. Appropriate criminal record and working with children checks are conducted for successful applicants.
Name: Caitlin Clarke
Phone: 02 8536 0100