Multicultural Centre for Women’s Health (MCWH) is a national, community-based organisation which is led by and for women from immigrant and refugee backgrounds. We are committed to advancing the health and wellbeing of immigrant and refugee women, through our research, leadership, education and advocacy: our experiences, our stories and our voices.
MCWH works together with immigrant and refugee women, community organisations, health practitioners, employers, communities and governments to build and share knowledge, achieve equity and improve health and wellbeing for immigrant and refugee women.
About the Role
The purpose of the Operations Manager is to manage and oversee the financial performance and operational function of MCWH in line with MCWH Strategic Plan and Annual Plan.
To provide organizational leadership in financial, risk and operational management.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Financial Management
- Operational Management
- Risk Management and Quality Assurance
- Organisational and Team Leadership
- Relevant tertiary qualifications in financial management;
- High level of knowledge and understanding of accounting and financial practices;
- Minimum 3-years’ experience in a senior role, including in staff management;
- Experience in the development and implementation of administration, risk management, and information management systems;
- Excellent leadership and staff management skills;
- Excellent computer skills, using Xero and Microsoft Excel;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
- Excellent general and report writing skills;
- Demonstrated problem solving and analytical skills.
- Fluency in a relevant community language.
Period of appointment
Permanent, part time pending successful completion of a 3-month probationary period.
Please note that, in line with the exceptions outlined in the Equal Opportunity Act 2010, Section 28, MCWH prefers to employ women from immigrant and refugee backgrounds.
Women from migrant and refugee background are particularly encouraged to apply.
Applications should address the selection criteria and include an up-to-date CV.
Please mark applications ‘Private and Confidential’ and address them via email them to:
Multicultural Centre for Women’s Health
03 9418 0923
Application close Tuesday, 21 August 2018, at 5 pm.
Job position description