Family Therapist / Therapist (s)
A Program designed to reduce the number of children and young people entering or remaining in out-of-home care
OzChild and Gugan Gulwan, an Aboriginal youth Center located in the Australian Capital Territory (ACT) are working in partnership with OzChild to establish the Functional Family Therapy Child Welfare (FFT-CW) Program which will be delivered across the ACT to prevent children entering the care system as well as achieving permanency in reunification.
The Functional Family Therapy - Child Welfare program has been developed to support families, with children from birth to 18 years, in the home. This service provides families with structured training, implementation of problem solving strategies, support to identify community based resources and the review of outcomes.
- The FFT-CW model has clear requirements of staff experience and qualifications.
- We are seeking tertiary qualified candidates from the following disciplines; Psychologists, counsellors, family therapists with proven experience working with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Families.
- Suitably qualified candidates with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander background are strongly encouraged to apply for these roles
- You'll be part of a collaborative and supportive work culture that provides you with opportunity to thrive in your career and be part of positive change within the sector.
- To set you for success you will be closely supported by the model developers with structured professional development and training to implement the model with fidelity increasing the likelihood of achieving sustainable outcomes
- We'll also recognise your dedication and talent at every turn, with generous salary packaging, additional leave entitlements and continuous training and support to develop and progress your career.
- Only candidates with proven experience working with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander families will be considered.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Providing home-based interventions adhering to Functional Family Therapy - Child Welfare (FFT - CW) model. Being responsible for developing schedule at the convenience of the clients, and informing your line supervisor of this schedule.
- Creating written phase plans that are tailored to the specific family (including linking plans to safety risks and referral behaviours and anticipated session frequency during phase)
- Creating specific session plans based on phase plans that indicate link to referral behaviours and risks
- Providing direct engagement and motivation and generalization using methods compatible with principles and practices of specified model.
- Addressing the needs of clients through model adherent referrals to community partners, and provide support, monitoring and other case management to clients.
- Working with the team to identify and overcome barriers to engagement/motivation in families who have been referred
Specific requirements include:
- Bachelor degree in Psychology, social work, counselling or equivalent.
- Experience in family therapy, counselling, clinical or therapeutic work with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander children, youth and families.
- Demonstrated understanding of working with vulnerable and at risk families.
- Demonstrated experience in working with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander children, families and communities.
- Drivers license and have a car for work purposes.
- Right to work in Australia.
- Satisfactory completion of a National Police History Check and Working with Children Check.
- The hours of work for this role are between the hours of 8 am and 8pm. In order to perform the duties of the role effectively it will be necessary to be flexible in order to meet your clients' needs. We have a flexible approach to hours of work.
- We are seeking the successful applicants to commence at the beginning of September 2018
Enquiries about this position are welcome and can be directed to Paul Ridley HR- Advisor
To find out more about OzChild and the services we provide, please visit www.ozchild.org.au
Click APPLY below to submit your application.
To apply for this job go to: www.ozchildcareers.org.au & enter ref code: 4286465.
Applications close 20 August 2018