Casual Social Worker - Family Violence Services
Casual Social Worker – Family Violence Services
Location: St Kilda
Organisation: The Salvation Army
Work type: Casual
Social, Community, Home Care & Disability Industry Award 2010
Social & Community Services Stream – Level 5 pay point 3
Application Closing Date: COB 26/6/2018
Family Violence Services
- Join an established community organisation dedicated to providing best practice services for women and children experiencing family violence.
- SCHADS Award Level 5 pay point 3
- Flexible working hours
This position will provide support to women and women with children who have experienced and/ or are currently experiencing family violence. The role will work across the full suite of programs provided by Family Violence Services as required, including the provision of outreach case management support to women and women with children, delivery of intake and assessment, motel outreach response as well as delivery of brokerage across all brokerage programs for women residing in the Bayside
A tertiary qualification in Social Work / Social Sciences or related fields is essential.
Experience working in the family violence sector is desirable.
Please note that undertaking a National Police Records Check and Working with Children Check are mandatory requirements.
All applicants are required to address the following key selection criteria, and submit together with a covering letter and curriculum vitae to [email protected]s.salvationarmy.org by COB 26/6/2018. No late or incomplete applications will be considered.
Key selection criteria
- Demonstrated knowledge of FDV including context, principles, philosophies, policies, regulations and legislation
- Knowledge of the physical, emotional, psychological and behavioural impact of trauma and abuse on women and children who have experienced FV.
- Demonstrated ability to use appropriate risk models to assess levels of risk, harm and well-being, including immediate risk
- Communicates with and monitors multiple service providers as appropriate to ensure all client needs are met.
Job position description
Name: Rosie Di Giovanni