Senior Practitioner Kinship First Supports
- Be at the forefront of implementing this exciting new program
- Use your skills and knowledge to support and inspire children and young people
- Use your experience to support other staff in the program
- Full Time – Maximum Term Contract
At Uniting we are passionate about working together to inspire people, enliven communities and confront injustice.
We are proud to have been part of local communities for over 100 years delivering services across Victoria and Tasmania. With a team of 7,000 skilled and committed individuals we provide over 770 programs and services to people of all ages to learn, thrive and enjoy a healthy, happy life. We’re there for children, families, people with disability, older people and those experiencing homelessness, mental illness or drug and alcohol addiction.
Uniting is looking for great people who, like us, celebrate diversity and welcome everyone regardless of ethnicity, faith, sexual orientation and gender identity.
About the Opportunity
The Victorian government announced a new model of kinship care for Victoria which commenced on 1 March 2018. The First Supports program is focused solely on children and young people in statutory kinship placements, being those with an active child protection intervention or protection order. The objectives of the model include to:
- Identify kinship networks early;
- Strengthen reunification where appropriate
- Promote placement quality and support children and young people living with kinship families to thrive; and
- Promote placement stability, including reducing the likelihood of entry into residential care.
The Senior Practitioner Kinship First Supports is responsible for the provision of practice support, guidance and mentoring of Kinship First Supports Case Workers to ensure work with clients is in the best interests of children and young people, is family focused, culturally sensitive and outcomes focused. This role will also undertake kinship assessments and provide oversight of assessments undertaken by case workers.
We want to hear from you!
We would love to hear from you if you:
- Have a relevant tertiary qualification in Social Work, Human Services or equivalent
- Demonstrated experience in the provision of out of home care case work services relevant to statutory Kinship Care
- Highly developed client engagement, assessment and intervention skills relevant to vulnerable children, young people and their families
- Experience in the supervision and support of staff working with vulnerable children, young people and their families
- Demonstrated capacity to create purposeful interactions and partnerships with members of the community, Government agencies, philanthropic organisations and businesses
- Well developed administration and organizational skills, including strong computer literacy, attention to detail and multi-tasking skills
- Ability to work cooperatively and effectively in a team environment
We are committed to:
Nurturing and supporting our employees in every way possible and providing staff with the opportunity to learn and grow their careers within ground-breaking programs as part of our dynamic and engaging culture.
The Position Description for this role is attached, where you can view the full list of Key Responsibilities and Key Selection Criteria.
How to apply
If this sounds like you, find out more about this role or apply today. When applying, include a cover letter, of no more than one page outlining your suitability and attach a current resume of no more than 3 pages. You will also need to send in your response to the Key Selection Criteria document (attached).
Please send your application to: Ros lowe, email: [email protected]
Applications close on: Tuesday 24th July 2018 at 12 noon
Get in touch
T: 03 9471 0108 to speak with Judy Walsh – program manager - [email protected]
As a 'child safe' organisation. employment with Uniting is subject to a satisfactory national (and international where relevant) police check and Working With Children Check (in Victoria) and/or Working With Vulnerable People Check (in Tasmania) prior to commencement of any paid or unpaid work and/or participation in any service or undertaking.
Job position description
Name: Ros Lowe
Phone: 03 94125700