Integrated Family Services Case Worker
- Use your knowledge and skills to support and inspire children and young people
- Full and Part Time ongoing and Maternity Leave contract roles based at Epping
- Salary Packaging and benefits available
At Uniting we are passionate about working together to inspire people, enliven communities and confront injustice.
We are proud to have been part of local communities for over 100 years delivering services across Victoria and Tasmania. With a team of 7,000 skilled and committed individuals we provide over 770 programs and services to people of all ages to learn, thrive and enjoy a healthy, happy life. We’re there for children, families, people with disability, older people and those experiencing homelessness, mental illness or drug and alcohol addiction.
Uniting is looking for great people who, like us, celebrate diversity and welcome everyone regardless of ethnicity, faith, sexual orientation and gender identity.
About the opportunity
Integrated Family Services works with vulnerable children, young people and their families who are being impacted upon by disadvantage including poverty, trauma, substance abuse, mental health and family violence and are potentially at risk of becoming involved with the Child Protection system or are already involved with child protection.
We would love to hear from you if you:
- Have a tertiary qualification in Social Work, Psychology, Welfare or a related discipline,
- Are able to demonstrate your skills and experience in working with disempowered and vulnerable people, including capacity to engage clients and establish effective helping relationships.
- Have knowledge and experience of a range of relevant intervention strategies and frameworks including children’s developmental needs, parent skill development, working with diversity, drug and alcohol recovery, the cycle of violence, crisis planning and family and broader systems is needed.
You will also have a strong ability to network and establish sound working relationships with related services, excellent written and verbal communication skills and intermediate to advanced Microsoft Office (Word/Excel/Outlook) skills.
How to apply
If this sounds like you, find out more about this role or apply today. When applying, please include a cover letter, of no more than one page outlining your suitability and attach a current resume of no more than 3 pages. You will also need to submit your response to the Key Selection Criteria document attached.
Applications close on: Thursday 17th May 2018 at 12 noon
Get in touch
T: 8401 0100 to speak with Paul Huggett, Team Leader
Employment is subject to satisfactory criminal history and Victorian Working with Children Checks prior to commencement. Uniting is proud to be an inclusive employer and committed to keeping children safe.
Job position description
Name: Thilini Ranaweera