Chief Executive Officer
About Fitzroy Learning Network
Fitzroy Learning Network (FLN) is a not-for-profit organisation, a Neighbourhood House and Learn Local Centre and a Registered Training Organisation (RTO).
We pursue our vision of a strong, fair and inclusive society through providing learning, skills development, practical support and advocacy that increase opportunities for social, cultural, educational and economic participation. The objective of our holistic approach is to increase opportunities for social, cultural and economic inclusion and participation, keeping Fitzroy a place where all have a place and where all are welcome
Due to the impending departure of our CEO, we are seeking a dynamic leader who embodies the values and vision of FLN. The CEO will both seek and seize opportunities, create strong partnerships with other agencies, be responsive to funding bodies, oversee program development and service delivery and guide the organisation through an exciting period of change. The CEO will work with the Board in implementing the Strategic Plan and develop new sources of funding.
This is an exciting time of transition and positive change for the organisation
The ideal candidate
To be considered for this role you will have understanding of the community and not-for-profit sectors and have experience delivering effective services and programs in a highly regulated environment. You will be a values-driven, innovative and solution focused leader with excellent people management skills and an ability to engage and develop positive relationships with a diverse range of stakeholders including staff, volunteers and external organisations. Your outstanding communication skills will be vital in articulating a clear vision that inspires others.
You will possess the following expertise, experience and skills:
- Substantial experience in a senior leadership role of a community-based organisation with a diverse portfolio of services and programs
- Demonstrated experience in project management, including planning, delivery and reporting.
- Demonstrated management experience delivering effective services and programs in a highly regulated (compliance) environment
- Demonstrated ability to be innovative and to lead and manage change
- Excellent financial management skills with extensive experience in preparation and management (and reporting/monitoring) of budgets, funding submissions and compliance requirements of funders
- Demonstrated understanding of culturally appropriate engagement and high levels of cross-cultural competence and an understanding of issues facing refugees, asylum seekers and new migrants
- A commitment to social justice principles
- Highly developed written and oral communication skills including the ability to liaise with politicians, government departments and community members and be a spokesperson for FLN, including in the media
- Experience of securing resources from a variety of sources including government, philanthropic trusts, corporates and businesses, major donors and fundraising events.
How to apply for this job
Applications are encouraged from appropriately experienced individuals inspired by the work and values of Fitzroy Learning Network.
All applicants are asked to address the Key Selection Criteria in the position description. Applicants who do not address all the selection criteria will not be offered an interview.
Your application should include:-
- A covering letter, no longer than one page;
- A document which addresses the key selection criteria; and
- A resume which includes your contact details, education, previous work experience.
For more details contact Claire Woods on 0418 920 369
Completed applications should be emailed to: [email protected] by 6pm, Friday 25th May 2018.
Job position description
Name: Claire Woods
Phone: 0418 920 389