Client Support Worker
- Leading community services organisation
- Full-time & Part-time contract roles until December 2018
- Based in Epping
- Salary packaging and fantastic benefits offered
At Uniting we are passionate about working together to inspire people, enliven communities and confront injustice.
We are proud to have been part of local communities for over 100 years delivering services across Victoria and Tasmania. With a team of 7,000 skilled and committed individuals we provide over 770 programs and services to people of all ages to learn, thrive and enjoy a healthy, happy life. We’re there for children, families, people with disability, older people and those experiencing homelessness, mental illness or drug and alcohol addiction.
Uniting is looking for great people who, like us, celebrate diversity and welcome everyone regardless of ethnicity, faith, sexual orientation and gender identity.
About the opportunity
Client Support Workers undertake intake duties through initial needs assessment using client-centred practice and a strength-based model.
They provide information, support and referral primarily through phone contact with individuals and families who find themselves in personal or financial difficulties.
The role also undertakes administrative tasks related to the recording of client engagement including scheduling of home visits and phone appointments, community education sessions and other duties as required.
We would love to hear from you if you have:
- A relevant qualification, skills and experience in social work, community services, or other related field.
- Experience in a phone-based service such as community support intake, customer support or hardship team would be advantageous.
- Well-developed time management, planning, and organisational skills and capacity to multi-task.
- A thorough understanding of issues relevant to factors impacting on those affected by family violence, mental health vulnerability, economic hardship, cultural dislocation and any other barriers to social inclusion.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills including the ability to engage with clients who have complex needs and / or present for services in times of crisis.
- Cultural competency working with people from linguistically diverse backgrounds
- Understanding and/or experience of areas relating to energy efficiency or financial literacy would be advantageous.
- Proficiency utilising Microsoft Office Programs (Word, Excel, Outlook). The ability to use electronic database is also highly desirable.
How to apply
If this sounds like you, find out more about this role or apply today. When applying, include a cover letter, of no more than one page outlining your suitability and attach a current resume of no more than 3 pages. You will also need to send in your response to the Key Selection Criteria document (attached).
Please send your application to: Ros Lowe, email: [email protected]
Applications close on: Thursday 29th March 2018, 12pm noon
Get in touch
E: Sian Roberston - [email protected]
T: 8401 0100
As a 'child safe' organisation. employment with Uniting is subject to a satisfactory national (and international where relevant) police check and Working With Children Check (in Victoria) and/or Working With Vulnerable People Check (in Tasmania) prior to commencement of any paid or unpaid work and/or participation in any service or undertaking.
Job position description
Name: Ros Lowe
Phone: 03 94125700