Energy & Sustainability Workers
- Leading community services organisation
- Full time, contract roles until December 2018
- Based in Gold Coast/ Brisbane & North Paramatta
- Salary packaging and fantastic benefits offered
At Uniting we are passionate about working together to inspire people, enliven communities and confront injustice.
We are proud to have been part of local communities for over 100 years delivering services across Victoria and Tasmania. With a team of 7,000 skilled and committed individuals we provide over 770 programs and services to people of all ages to learn, thrive and enjoy a healthy, happy life. We’re there for children, families, people with disability, older people and those experiencing homelessness, mental illness or drug and alcohol addiction.
Uniting is looking for great people who, like us, celebrate diversity and welcome everyone regardless of ethnicity, faith, sexual orientation and gender identity.
About the opportunity
Energy & Sustainability Workers conduct over the phone and home visit appointments to enable individuals and communities who find themselves in financial difficulties, often related to utility and other affordability issues.
The role of Energy & Sustainability Workers are to assist these people and groups to better understand their home energy use (including water), improve their knowledge of sustainable energy and provide advocacy for those who are financially or socially vulnerable and / or empowering them to advocate for themselves where possible. The role also involves facilitating workshops within the community (groups and organisations) about energy and financial literacy.
This role involves travel within metropolitan, regional and rural areas of Queensland, Northern NSW and travel to Melbourne to attend training and team meetings as required.
We would love to hear from you if you have:
- A relevant qualification (or working towards) and/or knowledge in energy efficiency, financial counselling, community development or a related field.
- Demonstrated skills or knowledge in providing effective energy efficiency and/or financial inclusion programs to vulnerable households.
- Knowledge or a keen desire to learn about legislation, regulations and policies relevant to consumer rights and financial hardship and advocating payment arrangements and access to grants/concessions on behalf of clients.
- Experience and /or a keen desire to be mentored and open to learning new skills and practices
- Proven record in meeting key performance requirements and managing own workload efficiently.
- Outstanding interpersonal, communication and presentation skills including the ability to welcome, engage and empower program participants, community members and other key stakeholders in achieving mutually beneficial outcomes.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast paced environment, to embrace change and adapt including willingness to use technology to provide services to vulnerable households.
How to apply
If this sounds like you, find out more about this role or apply today. When applying, include a cover letter, of no more than one page outlining your suitability and attach a current resume of no more than 3 pages. You will also need to send in your response to the Key Selection Criteria document (attached).
Please send your application to: Ros Lowe, email: [email protected]
**These roles are based in Gold Coast/ Brisbane & North Paramatta, please indicate on your application what location you prefer.
Applications close on: Thursday 29th March 2018, 12pm noon
Get in touch
E: Jane Goncalves - [email protected]
T: 9412 5700
As a 'child safe' organisation. employment with Uniting is subject to a satisfactory national (and international where relevant) police check and Working With Children Check (in Victoria) and/or Working With Vulnerable People Check (in Tasmania) prior to commencement of any paid or unpaid work and/or participation in any service or undertaking.
Job position description
Name: Ros Lowe