Children’s Case Worker - Family Violence Crisis Program
- Are you passionate about working with Children within a family violence context?
- Do you have experience and knowledge of children’s developmental stages?
- Are you experienced in working in a case management framework?
About the Role: We have a challenging and rewarding case management opportunity, providing support to children of clients who are experiencing homelessness or at risk of homelessness due to family violence
Working within a case management framework that is client centred, strength based and trauma informed will be;
- Completing comprehensive assessments of children’s safety, development and wellbeing in order to develop client lead case plans and making appropriate referrals.
- Providing one on one support to children and their carer or guardian.
- Providing case management on a daily basis, linking clients to appropriate services, including facilitating and participating in trauma focused child specific groups such as Animal Assisted Education &Therapy group.
- Networking with local services to develop partnerships within the local community to ensure strong referral pathways for clients.
To be Successful: you will have relevant qualifications, experience and knowledge of children’s developmental stages and requirements for a nurturing environment. A demonstrated ability to engage external providers in working cooperatively to achieve service goals and objectives. A comprehensive understanding of the impact of family violence, drug and alcohol abuse, mental health and homelessness and its effects on a child’s development and a person’s capacity to parent and maintain stability for their children. A Knowledge of principles, practice and implementation of Case Management frameworks.
Your terms and conditions are in accordance with the WAYSS Enterprise Agreement including 5 weeks annual leave and immediate access to generous salary packing arrangements which allow you to maximise your take home pay.
You can obtain a position description by visiting our website at www.wayssltd.org.au or phoning 97916111.
Applications close at Midnight on Sunday 25th February 2018.
Job position description
Name: David Sutherland