IT Service Desk Engineer
- Multi award-winning not-for-profit organisation (finalist for Employer of Choice Award 2017)
- Access to our excellent health and wellbeing program
- Permanent, Full-time position
Infoxchange is a not-for-profit social enterprise that has delivered technology for social justice for over 25 years.
With over 100 staff across Australia and New Zealand we tackle the biggest social challenges through the smart and creative use of technology.
We work with community, government and corporate partners to solve family violence, homelessness, mental health and issues facing ageing, disabled and Indigenous communities.
Our products and services are used by nearly 6500 organisations across the sector. We provide the right tools to improve efficiency and deliver greater impact – from nation-wide service coordination systems to IT advice for individual organisations.
Our community programs focus on digital inclusion – using technology to improve the quality of life of the most vulnerable people in our community and drive social inclusion. We believe no-one should be left behind in today’s digital world.
About the role
The ‘IT Service Desk Engineer’ is responsible for providing high quality ICT services to internal Infoxchange staff and external Infoxchange clients.
The IT services team primarily provides installation, management and support services for computers running Microsoft operating systems and software. Services include:
- Managed support services - remote and onsite support of desktops, servers and networks
- Migration, management and support services for clients who use Online Services such as Microsoft Office 365
- Proactive maintenance
- Design and implementation of IT infrastructure solutions
- Provision of technical advice and improvement recommendations.
Clients are supported through managed support contracts, projects and casual (as-required) support activity.
This role reports to the IT Service Desk Manager and works closely with the other members of ITSC.
This position is located at the Richmond head office and a driver’s licence is required for this role.
- You will have previous experience in On Site Support or Help Desk operation
- You will have knowledge and experience with Windows 7+ and Office 2010+
- You will have some knowledge and experience with Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R2+
- You will have some knowledge of networking topology, cabling and switching gear
- You will have knowledge of commonly used concepts, practices and procedures for desktop and server support
- You will have outstanding customer service ethic
- You will be a self-starter who demonstrates initiative
- You will have the ability to quickly learn new concepts and techniques
- You will have the ability to troubleshoot and resolve presenting problems
- You will have the ability to think logically and clearly under pressure
- You will be efficient and thorough with attention to detail and time management
- You will have excellent verbal communication skills
- You will have effective written communication skills
- You will have the ability to work productively autonomously as well as in a collaborative team environment.
It would be desirable if you had:
- Knowledge and experience with Microsoft Exchange, SharePoint, Lync and SQL Server
- Knowledge and experience supporting and managing Microsoft Office 365
- Some knowledge and experience supporting Macs
What you'll gain with us:
- The chance to work for an organisation that contributes to a fairer society
- Flexible working arrangements
- Access to our excellent health and wellbeing program, which includes:
- Monthly on-site massage
- Weekly Yoga and Group Training sessions
- Fruit delivered to the office
- An Infoxchange 'pantry' filled with yummy snacks
If this sounds like the role you have been looking for, don't hesitate - apply today via the 'Apply' button. Please ensure you address the key selection criteria (in the attached position description) in your submission by the closing date of 5pm Friday 25 August 2017.
Please note that due to the high volumes of applications anticipated for this role, we will only be able to contact successfully shortlisted candidates
Job position description
Phone: 03 9418 7400