Program Manager - Ask Izzy Open Data Platform
- Multi award-winning not-for-profit organisation (Employer of Choice finalist 2017)
- Access to our excellent health and wellbeing program
- Part-time (3-4 days per week), fixed term position for 12 months
Infoxchange is a not-for-profit social enterprise that has delivered technology for social justice for over 25 years.
With over 100 staff across Australia and New Zealand we tackle the biggest social challenges through the smart and creative use of technology.
We work with community, government and corporate partners to solve family violence, homelessness, mental health and issues facing ageing, disabled and Indigenous communities.
Our products and services are used by nearly 5000 organisations across the sector. We provide the right tools to improve efficiency and deliver greater impact – from nation-wide service coordination systems to IT advice for individual organisations.
Our community programs focus on digital inclusion – using technology to improve the quality of life of the most vulnerable people in our community and drive social inclusion. We believe no-one should be left behind in today’s digital world.
We're currently seeking a highly organised Program Manager to lead the Ask Izzy Open Data project at our head office in North Richmond.
About the role
Infoxchange is in the process of leading a whole of community partnership to co-design and develop an open data platform with stakeholders from the government, homelessness, academic and advocacy sectors to ensure that it responds to the needs of relevant decision makers.
The project will include the following:
- Identifying demand through Ask Izzy usage data (real time or near real time), ABS census data and services supplied from the AIHW specialist homelessness services reporting.
- Mapping demand against service availability (based on the Infoxchange Service Seeker database that underpins Ask Izzy), which will lead to a better alignment between homeless service capacity and demand.
- Mapping and tracking other factors that may contribute to someone becoming homeless providing the opportunity to target service investment in earlier interventions relating to structural factors.
- Forecasting future demand through predictive analytics.
- Presenting data in machine readable and user accessible formats including interactive maps and infographics, similar to the ABC’s Without a Home platform, but using current data.
- You will have relevant tertiary qualifications and/or extensive project management experience, including scheduling and budgeting
- You will have experience in product development, preferably working within an Agile and Design Thinking approach to technology development
- You will have significant community engagement experience and relationship management
- You will have experience in content development
- You will be able to function in a team environment
- You will be able to persuade/influence others through effective communication
- You will be consultative, using professional or expert advice as required
- You will be proactive and constantly show initiative
- You will show sensitivity to others
- You will have high levels of integrity
- You will be able to generate trusting alliances both internally and externally
- You will have an appreciation for team outcomes
- You will have excellent decision-making skills
- You will have excellent conceptual and strategic skills
- You will have a high-level of communication and interpersonal skills
- You will have energy and passion for the work, sense of fun and enjoyment for what can be achieved.
What you'll gain with us:
- The chance to work for an organisation that contributes to a fairer society
- Flexible working arrangements
- Access to our excellent health and wellbeing program, which includes:
- Monthly on-site massage
- Weekly Yoga and Group Training sessions
- Fruit delivered to the office
- An Infoxchange 'pantry' filled with yummy snacks
If this sounds like the role you have been looking for, don't hesitate - apply today via the 'Apply' button. Please ensure you address the key selection criteria (in the attached position description) in your submission by the closing date of 5pm Friday 18 August 2017.
Please note that due to the high volumes of applications anticipated for this role, we will only be able to contact successfully shortlisted candidates
Job position description
Phone: 03 9418 7400