Full time ongoing position
Great salary packaging opportunities, increasing your take home pay
38 hours per week or 40 hours plus ADO
Located in Footscray
This is a unique opportunity for an experienced and passionate Sterilisation Technician, looking for a fulltime ongoing position within the local community.
We are seeking a driven and innovative instrument technician who is able to work in all areas of Central Sterilising Area (CSA) without direct supervision
cohealth's Oral Health Program provides a range of preventive, restorative and health promoting activities to enhance the Oral Health of the community at their sites in Kensington, Niddrie and Footscray.
The Program delivers oral health care across the age continuum. Aligned with the philosophy of the organisation, the Program has a specific focus on the provision of oral health care to those marginalised and high needs groups within the community.
As our Sterilisation Technician, your role will include providing leadership and oversight on all stages of reprocessing services for patient care, equipment for identified cohealth sites and reusable medical, dental and podiatry instruments.
You will be required to work independently across all areas of Central Sterilising Area (CSA) as an advanced practitioner, to provide the full range of reprocessing services. Ensuring a timely delivery of services and products, while ensuring that all tasks are performed according to documented instructions and in accordance with current Australian Standards 4187
To be considered for this position you will possess;
- A Certificate IV in health - Sterilising Practice for technicians or equivalent.
- An understanding in the interdependencies between Medical, Podiatry and dental program needs.
- Demonstrated ability to read, understand and interpret complex sterilisation procedures/guidelines
- The ability in maintaining relationships with all CSA staff and our customers, to provide for appropriate communication regarding all matters related to reprocessing services.
- An enthusiastic and energetic nature, plus a commitment to working collaboratively with the clients, our staff members and other organisations to best achieve these outcomes;
- The ability to demonstrate integrity, reliability, and fosters open and honest communication; and
- The skills to take initiative, act with confidence and work well under own direction;
We are committed to a high performance, engaging team culture and investing in our people enables a rewarding career with cohealth.
If you have what we are looking for, do not delay - APPLY NOW!
Who is cohealth?
For more information about cohealth and the services provided, please visit our website: www.cohealth.org.au
This position will be paid under the Health Services Union of Australia - Health and Allied Services, Administrative Officers - Victorian Public Sector - Multi Employer Certified Agreement 2011-2015, Clinical Coordinator Dental Assistant Grade 2, Level 4.1
To be considered for the role, you must address the key selection criteria within your cover letter. The key selection criteria can be found in the attached Position Description.
Applications close on 26th April
People accepting employment with cohealth are unable to access our services
To apply for this job go to: www.cohealthcareers.org.au/Jobs/ & enter ref code: 3456380.