Disability Services Leader - School Holiday Program
YMCA Whittlesea are seeking Disability Services Leaders to work on our school holiday programs by providing activities that are fun and flexible to children, teenagers and adults with varying disabilities. Staff are to ensure that all participants experience exciting leisure activities, develop skills, interact socially and meet personal challenges.
The school holiday program provides care for participants with moderate to high needs by providing them with access to community, sports and leisure activities including outings and life skills.
Leaders are responsible for the implementation of program activities, supervision of participants throughout the program which includes excursions and incursions, attending to individual participant needs and the contribution to all participants care plans.
As Disability Service Leaders you will be required to work during the school holidays and will be required to work with participants of ages 5 - 18 years.
- YMCA Whittlesea are seeking Disability Services Leaders with the following qualities, knowledge and attributes
- Experience in Disability Services Sector is preferred, however not necessary.
- Understanding of Disability Services Guidelines.
- Passionate about providing care to meet individual participants needs.
- Proven ability to work effectively in a team environment and calmly under pressure.
- Effective communication skills
- Access to a smart phone to comply with organizational timesheet requirements
All applicants will undergo an extensive screening process prior to appointment. All successful applicants will be subjected to a National Police Check. YMCA Whittlesea is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The successful applicants will hold the following current qualifications; `
• Certificate III / Diploma in Disability Services or Community Services or an equivalency. If you are unsure please contact YMCA Whittlesea
• OR studying / Completed Bachelor of Education
• Current Employee Working With Children Check
• Current National Police Check (no more than 6 months old)
• Current Provide First Aid (minimum HLTAID003)
• Current CPR (HLTAID001)
• Current Anaphylaxis qualification and epipen / anapen training (22300VIC)
• Current Asthma qualification (22282VIC)
• Epilepsy Training
• Peg Feeding Qualification
• Applicants with driver’s license and light rigid licenses are highly desirable
To apply: Please forward a covering letter and resume to [email protected] by the closing date: 12th June, 2017. Please note due to the extended closing date, interviews may take place during the recruiting period.
Job position description
Name: Carla Steele
Phone: 03 9407 6209