Support Worker | Tamworth
Are you looking for a change or a chance to get back into the workforce?
Are you a caring and understanding person?
Do you have a desire to help others?
If so, you are encouraged to apply for our Support Worker positions with Challenge Respite Services.
Challenge Respite Services provide flexible respite care services for people who have an intellectual/physical disability or mental health disorder. Challenge has established respite centres in the Hunter, North West, Western and New England regions of NSW.
Clients participate in a variety of community activities such as; shopping, outings to the park and library and other local attractions. Centre based activities are also encouraged providing clients the opportunity to participate in gardening, cooking, craft and personal care.
Challenge Respite Choices offer many different types of care to suit individual needs including:
- Centre-based respite
- Emergency respite
- Teenage nights
- School holiday program
- Flexible respite options
The successful applicant will be required to work weekends, sleepovers and during the school holiday periods.
- Well developed and effective communication, numerical and interpersonal skills
- Excellent time management skills
- Effective, positive interpersonal skills and possesses the ability to relate to others well
- Ability to prioritise and problem solve situations
- Ability to work individually or in a team with minimal supervision
- Ability to maintain a safe work environment
- Strong, effective interpersonal skills
- Availability to work different hours and with people of all ages
- Current NSW Working with Children Check
- Current NSW Driver's Licence - Manual transmission
- Demonstrated sound computer skills - MS Word and MS Outlook
- Current First Aid Certificate
- Certificate III/IV in Disabilities or equivalent or willingness to obtain certificate
- Demonstrated experience in providing services to people with a disability
- Demonstrated knowledge in Disability Legislation and Standards.
- Demonstrated understanding in the National Disability Insurance Agency (NDIA) processes
- An understanding of what choice and control means in the new disability world
It will be a condition of your employment to work towards obtaining a Cert III in Disability Work. New staff will be assisted in obtaining this qualification.
Challenge Community Services has competitive pay rates.
It will be a requirement of this position for you to apply for a Working With Children Check and have a clearance to work with children before commencing.
For further information regarding this position please contact
Ben on 0408 527 814
If you would like further information about Challenge we encourage you to visit our website at www.challengecommunity.org.au
Please ensure you include a covering letter as the first page of your attached resume.
Covering letter to be addressed to:
Chief Executive Officer
Challenge Community Services
If this sounds like you we would like to hear from you!
Phone: 0408 527 814